[AMPS] Re: 5762/7C24

Don Dashney, VE3RM dash@hawk.igs.net
Wed, 6 May 1998 18:41:00 _0000

 Hi Alek,  you asked:

> I've got another one. Who knows what a 5762 tube is /
> does? There are some for sale here in the land down
> under and I'm not sure what they are good for. I have
> not found any info on them as yet.

The 5762 (aka 7C24) is an RCA  (also by others e.g.
Amperex, Phillips) Triode intended for use in  class C CW
service and in VHF Television service.

It is an external anode tube with a grid flange that can
be bolted to a chassis. The filament has three ribbon
leads 3.5 in. x 0.31 in.  The filament has a mid-tap.
The anode diameter is 4.6",  length: 7.1in. (not incl.
fil. leads) and weight: 6.25 lbs.

Filamentary Cathode is Thoriated-Tungesten, 12.6 Volts,
29 Amperes

Amplification Factor:  39
Plate dissipation:  4000 W.  (requires 300 cfm air)
Gain in cathode driven operation about 6 db!
Not too practicable for SSB linerar operation, however
for CW, grid driven, Class C, with 6kV at 1.25 A. it will
produce 6 kW out with 225 W drive.

You can find more in the RCA, HB-3 Tube Handbook if you
can locate one of these oldies.  I have lots more info if
you wish to go further.

73,  Don

Don Dashney                  Amateur Radio VE3RM
2849 Allen Road              Tel:    613-675-4715
L'Orignal ON Canada          e-mail: dash@hawk.igs.net
K0B 1K0                      packet: ve3rm@ve2fkb.#mtl.pq.ca.noam