[AMPS] Re:

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Tue, 12 May 1998 21:09:11 EDT

On Tue, 12 May 1998 13:49:54 +0100 Peter Chadwick
<Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com> writes:
>> No current is being drawn and you can see
>>the same glow in an old  6L6 that you can see in a 3-500Z.
>

>Not in my 6L6's. Dad bought them in 1936, new, for the then equivalent
>of 50
>cents. They don't glow blue, they don't have any measurable grid
>current,
>and they still meet the transconductance in the book. Made by
>Raytheon. I
>use one as screen grid regulator - I want the OM's money's worth!
>
>73
>
>Peter G3RZP

Welcome back Peter. You and ur dad sure did OK. I knew I would get a
comment from someone as soon as I mentioned the 6L6.  Unfortunately, too
many of the current crop of engineers think that is some sort of highway
marking...my EE son included until he bought a KT-88 guitar amp.
I used three 5881's in parallel in my old dual 4-1000A screen supplies.
Didnt know any better then...they worked just fine ( I was buying bulk
NIB surplus 24 in a case for $10) . If I used them today Ian would have
me castrated!

73  Carl  KM1H

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]