[AMPS] Re:

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Wed, 13 May 98 01:22:18 -0800

>> Date:          Tue, 12 May 1998 09:27:17 -0800
>> From:          Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
>> Subject:       [AMPS] Re:
>> To:            Arlen Mendelssohn <pcmeas@hotmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
>
> Hi Rich,
>
>> A rauchschnauzer is a mythical breed of lap-dog.
>
>And what are you?

I am one whose pals would throw me to the wolves if I refuted AC Circuit
Analysis.

>Do you really think name calling furthers your
>technical position?

He asked a question.  I gave him my answer.

>> .     During Phase-I of the grate parasitics debate (which began on the
>> rec.radio.amateur.homebrew Newsgroup) , when Mr. Rauch refuted standard
>> AC Circuit Analysis, his supporters did not question him.   When he
>> professed that gold has a second, lower melting point below 1063 deg. C,
>> ditto.
>
>Can you copy, and post that comment? All we have is "your word".

Can you look in the KN6DV archive?

>>  When Mr. Rauch retroactively promoted an ex-Eimac employee from
>> Engineer-B to "R+D Engineering Manager", ditto.   .
>
>Not true Rich. We have been all through that, and I even faxed
>several interested people a copy of a letter from Varian that
>confirmed my statement. You refused my offer for a copy.

Post it on a Web site so that everybody can have a look, Mr. Rauch.  .  .
 I refused your offer because your statment about Miklos did not check
out, and because even a computer-bozo like me knows how to use Adobe
Pagemaker to create an authentic-looking Eimac document saying that
Charles Thomas Rauch, Jun. is absolutely, positively, 100% technically
correct in anything he utters, and that he is hereby recognized as an
amplifier expert.

>Mr. Miklos is also listed in the front of a VHF handbook as an
>engineering manager for Varian.

And if the ARRL had bothered to talk to the Personnel Dept. rep at
Eimac/Varian's Salt Lake City plant, like I did, they would have been
told that Mr. Joseph Miklos was not an "R+D Engineering Manager" during
his period of employment there, and that he was an "Engineer-B".  .

>It appears you see and attribute to others what you are. I believe
>that is a common psychological trait in people.

If some guy says that O.J. Simpson sliced his wife, does that mean the
guy is a wife-slicer too?

>> His theory is that one can build a vhf suppressor out of copper-wire that
>> equals the performance of a similar vhf suppressor that is built from
>> resistance-wire.  This can indeed be done by increasing the L of the
>> suppressor-inductor (Ls in Wes' measurements), and by increasing the R of
>> the suppressor-resistor (Rs).  However, the trade-off is exponentially
>> increased 28MHz dissipation in the suppressor-resistor.  .  The short
>> answer is that the use of resistance-wire in Ls allows the designer to
>> reduce the 28MHz dissipative burden in Rs while improving the vhf
>> performance of the suppressor.   .
>
> N7WS concluded the suppressor you sent him, which was NOT the
>design you normally sell,

I did not send Wes a suppressor.  I sent him some different alloys of
nichrome resistance-wire, some Matsushita 100-ohm, <12nH, MOF resistors
that would dissipate 12w for 1 hour, and a silver-soldering kit.  Wes
built the resistance-wire suppressors. .  .   We do not sell suppressors.
 We sell materials

>was no different than the conventional
>suppressor at upper VHF but the conventional suppressor was much
>lower loss at HF.

According to Wes' data, at 200MHz, the Rp of the copper-wire suppressor
was 169.5-ohms, and the Rp of the  resistance-wire suppressor was
103.7-ohms.

>That fits circuit theory just fine, but not your agenda.

It sorta looks like it doesn't fit Wes' measurements.

>> Information that does not wash will backfire on its originator.
>
>Amen. You would do well to remember that, and be more honest with
>yourself and others.

Is it honest to claim that 169-ohms is no different than 103-ohms?

Is it honest for you to stonewall your post of 28 November, 1996?

cheers
Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K