[AMPS] Tank circuit pi-network at VHF

Jon Ogden jono@webspun.com
Wed, 13 May 98 23:21:17 -0500

Ok all,

I've done some more thinking about a couple of my posts this evening.

If the output pi-network of an amp operates like a filter and filters out
or rejects VHF energy, then how possibly could a VHF parasitic
oscillation cause a bandswitch arc?  Unless I am way, way off on my
filter concepts, the majority of any VHF energy should be  reflected back
toward the anode upon it hitting the pi-network.

If VHF energy can get through the pi-net and to the bandswitch, then we'd
also see lots of harmonics in the output spectrum since an oscillation
and the PAs harmonics are at the same frequency.

Anyone care to poke some holes in this?

73,

Jon
KE9NA