[AMPS] My try at unravelling the knotty VHF-Rp Enigma

Jon Ogden jono@webspun.com
Thu, 14 May 98 17:19:32 -0500

>In an idealized parallel R-L network (no other sources of losses, no
>stray inductances or capacitances) Rp would always be identical to the
>resistor value, at all frequencies.
>
>In practice it is not. Losses in the L tend to make Rp lower. Stray
>inductance in series with the paralleled network tends to make the
>measured value of Rp larger (as I showed over the weekend, even a
>fraction of an inch of lead wire can have a major effect).

I think this has been what Rich has been trying to say all along.  Lower
Rp means lower VHF gain.  Rich's supressor inductors are lossy and so as
you say: losses in the L tend to make Rp lower.

Works for me...

73,

Jon
KE9NA