[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

Tom Rauch w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com
Tue, 19 May 1998 07:24:50 +0000

> Date:          Sun, 17 May 1998 18:28:00 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          km1h@juno.com
> Subject:       [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
> To:            amps@contesting.com

> I have not heard an answer yet Tom...perhaps you are at Dayton but  "we"
> patiently await your reply .

Just got home to the unfriendly reflector. Hopefully I won't miss
anything by deleting MOST of the 198 messages from this and one other
reflector without reading them!

> >In an amplifier that is properly tuned and not underloaded and into a
> >known good antenna with no intermittents, no relay problems or any
> >other excuse....why would it suddenly arc the bandswitch while being
> >operated?  Assume the original design parasitic suppressor is in place
> >and known good.

No one can answer a question like that with a single answer, unless
that person has a preconceived notion that every failure is
rooted in only one cause.

With that in mind, let me ask this:

Is this an amplifier that you personally watched first hand in a test
setup, or are the parameters above gleaned from a second source?

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com