[AMPS] Technical Question #1

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Wed, 20 May 1998 11:42:24 EDT

On Wed, 20 May 1998 07:13:04 +0000 Tom Rauch
<10eesfams2mi@mass1-pop.pmm.mci.net> writes:
>> Date:          Tue, 19 May 1998 10:43:06 -0400 (EDT)
>
>> >Is this an amplifier that you personally watched first hand in a
>test
>> >setup, or are the parameters above gleaned from a second source?
>
>Unless you have details of the second hand report and are absolutely
>sure of the source, we have to dismiss it.

Is that  "we" like in the royal version. Dont include me then since I do
not dismiss others opinions so easily.

>> Both. But the amps I witnessed were not SB-220's or had 3-500Z's.
>> I would still prefer to stick to the SB-220 and related clones since
>they
>> are so popular and the majority of readers can relate to them.
>Roughly 4
>> out of 10 SB-220's that I buy have some sort of switch
>damage...which is
>> why they are for sale...cheap. In almost every case, the owners say
>the
>> amp was tuned and operating perfectly fine and the switch arced for
>no
>> obvious reason.
>
>Carl, consider the large conclusion you are leaping to here in
>accepting the guy's personal "opinion".  A Ham you have never worked
>next to, and probably never even met before, operating a  station you
>have never seen, and with equipment you probably aren't even aware
>of, tells you "I always tuned my amp correctly".
>
>It would be more productive to discuss facts, rather than opinions of
>unknown individuals who are judging their own equipment and skills
>as "nothing wrong with anything else".

I asked a very simple question Tom that you seem unable to answer so
instead surround it with noise.
Sorry I bothered to ask.

73  Carl  KM1H

>73, Tom W8JI
>w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]