[AMPS] Stability

Larry Molitor w7iuv@axtek.com
Thu, 21 May 1998 00:09:13 +0100

At 17:16 5/20/98 +0100, you wrote:

>'Unconditional Stability' has a very particular meaning to me - that's the
>ratios of the various S (or y or z or whatever) parameters give a value of K
>(Stern's Stability Factor) or L (Linville's Stability factor) greater or
>less than 1 as appropriate. That's generally the meaning of the term in the
>profession.
>
>73
>
>Peter G3RZP

Peter, as I was about to hit the 'send' button for the post where I
critized Tom's use of the *unconditionaly stable* term, I thought to
myself: 'bet one of the English chaps brings up Linville'. It's probably
been over twenty years since I've anyone over here actually say "Linville's
Stability Factor" or "Stern's". I know I've *never* heard the terms used in
reference to ham radio gear. My, how some of us get lazy. I fervently hope
that I can make it to retirement without having to go through one of those
analysis again. What's left of my brain cells couldn't take it.

Cheers, and/or 73,

Larry - W7IUV