[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Thu, 21 May 1998 11:55:25 EDT

On Wed, 20 May 1998 23:01:29 +0000 Tom Rauch
<10eesfams2mi@mass1-pop.pmm.mci.net> writes:
>> Date:          Wed, 20 May 1998 11:42:25 -0400 (EDT)
>> From:          km1h@juno.com
>> Subject:       [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
>
>Hi Carl,
>
>> AND, everyone else is incompetent, cant tune an amp, their opinion
>means
>> nothing, ad nauseum.
>
>You miss my point. My point is you are using assumptions to set up an
>unbendable scenario, and demanding an answer without giving the facts
>I requested.
>
>Do you know what transceiver was used, what antenna, and how that
>particular person loads the PA?
>
>Do you know for a fact the guy NEVER makes a mistake, or that his
>antenna or tuner never arcs??
>
>Or are you just assuming you know?

I guess that you didnt bother to read my original question Tom.....which
ASSUMED that there were none of those variables.
You remind me of an insurance company run around when trying to collect
on a claim. Wear the customer down with questions.

I will try it again in very simple words: Assuming that there are no
operator errors, equipment or antenna problems  or any other malfunction
that you could dream up, then what would cause a bandswitch to arc during
normal operation? Use the SB-220 ONLY as an example and NO 10M operation.

No more questions...try a straight answer only. Otherwise just forget it.

73  Carl  KM1H

If you cant answer such a simple question without resorting to

>> Thank God for the Ian's and Dick's on the reflector.
>
>Open mouth, insert foot?
>
>73, Tom W8JI
>w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]