[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

Tom Rauch w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com
Thu, 21 May 1998 16:59:30 +0000

> Date:          Thu, 21 May 1998 09:29:44 -0500
> From:          Jon Ogden <jono@webspun.com>

> >For example, I can use a MFJ-259 Antenna analyzer (or the new
> >MFJ Antenna Analyzer that measures R and X, return loss, reflection
> >angle, and other parameters) or any other signal source to excite the
> >cathode (or anode)
>
> Tom,
>
>The small signal level present on one of these instruments will do
<snip>
> or such with a small signal but certainly not in AB or B where the
> driving signal effectively biases the tube.

I might not have been clear enough Jon.  I specifically stated the
function of the device was to supply a signal source, and that is
all.

I believe I specifically stated you had to use a detector to measure
transmission loss through the tube, and that the system was
"cold". '

You are talking about something entirely different.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com