[AMPS] More amplifier experiments

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Thu, 28 May 98 09:40:03 -0800

 Shawn Tayler, stayler@powernet.net wrote:
>Are the old Glo-bar resistors still aroung?

The Carborundum company that made 'em was bought out by Cesiwid Corp.
(716 286 7610).  However, Globar resistors are not non-inductive.  A
Cesiwid rep. told me that they could manufacture a  (short, fat) resistor
that would meet my requirements for vhf suppressor service -- i.e., no
more than 10nH in the 50 - 200 ohm range.  The price was around $10k for
1k-pieces.
.  Globar resistors typically have a high length/diameter ratio -- just
the opposite of what is needed for VHF  service.

Rich...