[AMPS] Re:

Richard W. Ehrhorn w4eto@rmii.com
Sun, 31 May 1998 15:14:52 -0600

Significant clinical-imaging MRI systems manufacturers that I can think of
off-hand include Siemens (Munich), Philips (Eindhoven/Best), GE Medical
Systems (New Berlin/Waukesha, WI), Picker (Highland Heights, OH), Toshiba
(Nasu, JA), Elscint (Israel) ... I'd guess that these guys probably account
for 90-95+% of all 1.0T and larger MRIs world-wide.

I'd guess that the vast majority of "pulls" are pulled while operating
normally but at the low edge of gain/output/linearity specs, but a few
undoubtedly fail before being pulled.

Caveats emptor: 1) DON'T buy ANY 8877 code-dated between roughly 8626 and
8826 - the approximate period of the "all new 8877's are likely to fail
between 200 and 3000 hours" debacle. 2) I wouldn't buy any "pulled" 8877,
3CPX5000A7 version, or any other tube without a firm money back guarantee
allowing enough time to test it.

73,   Dick

73,   Dick