[AMPS] G2DAF

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 14:24:22 -0800

>Why not use a storage spectrum analyzer to look at occupied bandwidth and
>IM over a significant time period while modulating with speech or pulsed
>white noise?  Wouldn't that be a better worst-case test?

RE:  pulsed noise:  Only if the pulses are spaced far enough apart to
cause the screen potential to decay to near zero volts between pulses.
RE:  speech modulation:  I have listened with stereo headphones using two
double-filter receivers.  The total IMD in the window above or below the
DAF amps. was no better than 23db down.  However, this is perfectly legal
as long as the rotten splatter does not go outside of the ham band.
-  -  There ain't no such thing as a 200mpg carburetor for a 1969 Dodge
V8.
-  later, Gary.

Rich...