[AMPS] TL911

Eric eric.mawhinney@usa.net
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 00:06:36 +0200

Hi, Carl,David C,Doug, Pat and Peter,

Thank you all for the great responses to my query on the TL911, certainly
much food for thought.

I would like to say that the reason I have not done the obvious i.e.
replace the old tubes with 6JE6s or 6LQ6s is that I would have to import
them and at the current exchange rate of 6 Rand to the Dollar or 10 Rand to
the Pound, plus shipping etc makes this option quite pricey. Thus, failing
a cheap alternative, it might make economic sense to salvage what I can
from the TL911 and homebrew an amp using other Tx tubes which I have but
which are not suitable for use in the 911.

Carl I do have some 4CX250s so I will look at this option.

Once again thank you all for responding

Regards

Eric     ZS5EWM