[AMPS] Screen regulators circuits

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:31:19 -0800

> At 11:38 PM 11/18/98 +0200, John Fielding wrote:
>>>>>
>This discussion seems to be going around in circles and not really getting
>anywhere.

I find it hard to believe that a 0.8v drop in screen potential is going
to make a significant difference in IMD.  The 6146B screen regulation in
a TS-830S is about 10v drop under load, and it has the lowest IMD of
anything I have measured.

>Yes, but unlike the way it was last year (for those here then,) it is a
>lot more peaceful and less outright hateful.

True enough, Steve, however, Jerry Springer has been lately beating Oprah
Winfrey in the TV ratings wars.  //  The Rich vs. Tom and his toadies
debate was undoubtedly a donnybrook.  The denouement seemingly came when
one of our amplifier "experts" tried to retroactively promote an ex Eimac
Engineer-B pal to "R+D engineering manager" -- and got caught red-handed.
 .   Ironically, the grate debate could have been avoided had QST Editor
Mark Wilson taken my recommendation to have the ARRL lab measure the VHF
characteristics of a resistance-wire VHF parasitic suppressor vs. a
copper-wire  VHF suppressor.   Eventually, Wes, N7WS performed this
service for the amateur community.  Congrats, Wes.
-  later

Rich. Measures.,www.vcnet.com/measures, 805.386.3734