[AMPS] Hybrid combiner questions

Doug Hall kf4kl@ipass.net
Wed, 07 Oct 1998 02:32:50 GMT

Some more amp-related questions:

Where can I find good references on designing hybrid combiners? I'm
looking for something that would allow two 500-700w HF amplifiers (fed
by one exciter through a splitter) to feed one antenna. All ports 50
ohms.

Are such devices commercially available? Where can I buy them? Based
on the little bit I've read about them it doesn't seem like it would
be hard to build one. How broad can you make them?

(Yes, I actually have a very good reason for wanting to do this, but
I'm not interested in opening more than one can of worms at a time.)

Thanks for any tips.
73,
Doug, KF4KL