[AMPS] Loudenboomer-Hallicrafters Followup

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:26:51 -1000

Rcv'd the following from Lee Bergen, W0AR,  former President of Radio
Industries in Kansas City; well summarizes the Loundenboomer history:

"Hi Jim,

How nice to hear from you and so glad to hear from you and that all going
well

Yes the Loudenboomer was designed and built at Radio Industries here in K
C in the early 60s.  Radio Industries was founded right after WW2 and I
was President of the company until we sold it to Hallicrafters in the mid
60s. The Loudenboomer then became Hallicrafter's HT 45 although these
were all built in K C

The Hunter Bandit was manufactured by Ted Hunter in the 50s and in Iowa
City, Iowa.  I think Ted Hunter was ex Collins and as far as I know has
been a silent key for many years.

I had an article in the May 1960 issue of QST on the original
Loudenboomer.

All the best to the family and I'll lift a scotch to Eva this evening

Congrats on the new call.

73,

Lee"

73,  Jim,  KH7M