[AMPS] Loudenboomer History

Skip S Isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 00:43:28 EDT

Hello there,
trivia time...

I read the Loudenboomer stories with great interest. I'm under the
opinion there were three or four different amplifiers made with the
"Loudenboomer Label". One or two were the ones previously mentioned here
as a Magazine construction article and the commercial product which I've
never seen any info on.

The above amplifiers used a 4Cx1000, the previous post didn't seem to
mention the tubes these amplifiers used.

Then I've seen one or two articles about Loudenboomer amplifiers which
used different tubes. One in particular had a glass tube, possibly a
4-1000.  This amplifier was brought to my attention by a former
operations manager of the local Vocal Facility (Navy portion).  He asked
me for a Loudenboomer diagram as his was lost. When I presented a copy of
the Magazine article, he later told me his amp had a different tube.
Possibly the Loudenboomer label was used by other folks.

cheers
skip may    wv6f
nospam4me@juno.com
.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]