[AMPS] Looking for parts..

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 05:31:53 -0800

>For the project I am working on I need a 4 inch length of teflon rod. Would
>anyone know of a source for same? Or, can I get away with using something
>else.

Compared to Teflon, G-10 epoxy-fiberglass tubing, is stronger, easier to
work with, and it won't cold-flow under pressure.  In a choke fire,
Teflon makes unpleasant phosgene gas.  A souce of G-10 and G-11 tubing is
listed in building chokes section of *Amplifiers*, (on myWeb site).  It
is not a bad idea to check the choke with a dipmeter, after it is wired
in, before "firing up" the amplifier.  //  More L is not always better.
-  later, John

Rich. Measures.  Web site:  www.vcnet.com/measures