[AMPS] 8877 sockets

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:56:24 -0400

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 07:59:32 +0100 Steve Thompson <amps@txrx.demon.co.uk>
writes:

>In message <19981018.162209.3438.23.km1h@juno.com>, km1h@juno.com
>writes
>>

>>On Sun, 18 Oct 1998 17:16:22 +0100 Steve Thompson
><amps@txrx.demon.co.uk>
>>writes:
>>>
>>>Can anyone tell me if the SK2210 'own brand' socket from RF Parts is
>
>>>ok
>>>for VHF use? The Johnson/Eimac part is ridiculously expensive over
>>>here
>>>but it's hard to tell much about the RF Parts item fron the drawing
>on
>>>their web site.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Steve G8GSQ
>>
>>Steve,
>>The Eimac socket is nothing but a EF Johnson 122-0247-202 which is
>resold
>>at a premium since it is Mil-Spec.
>>The ancient 832A, 829B, 3E29, 5894, etc socket is identical and often
>>available at no cost from scrapped 2 way Commercial gear. The WW2
>variety
>>with the shell built-in is not so easily adapted but the later
>versions
>>are simply a ceramic socket with a removable shell. The only critical
>>item then is purchasing or fabricating a grid grounding ring.
>>
>>73   Carl   KM1H
>I didn't realise the MIL spec side - that does explain a lot. I've
>used
>the old ceramic bases in the past, but this is for a commercial job so
>unfortunately, recycled parts aren't acceptable.
>
>73, Steve

Try Ameritron, they use the Johnson socket in the AL-1500 and may be a
much better price. If you have a shipping problem with them, it can be
sent here since I have an account with them...and RF Parts for that
matter. I ship to EU, etc on a weekly basis.

73  Carl  KM1H

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]