[AMPS] Re: Phosgene Gas

W8AV@aol.com W8AV@aol.com
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 07:05:22 EDT

<<  Phosgene smells something like concentrated rotten apples, and HF smells
pungent (bites your nose and throat). Fortunately both are noticeable
enough in low concentrations that you can get out without harm.  >>

Remember Guys, Phosgene is a nerve gas.  DO NOT play with it.  I still
remember the case where someone in my college chem lab accidently synthesized
some of the stuff during a lab experiment.  She nearly died before we could
get her out.  Take it from a chem major, DON'T TRY MAKING ANY!  The stuff is
really nasty.

73.................de Goose W8AV