[AMPS] C & LC Connectors

Tom Norris badger@telalink.net
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:58:34 -0600

At 10:32 AM 10/21/1998 -0000, you wrote:
>C and LC are different.
>
>C connectors have an electrical spec of 3KV continuous
>LC connecotrs have an electrical spec of up to 10 KV continuous and 250
>KW peak power.
>There is also an LC series that is a 5KV connector and 60 KW peak power
>rating.
>
>The interface is also different in that the C has a locking bayonet
>system and the LC is a screw on.

Now *I* am confused, I had thought the threaded version of
the C was the HN. BUT, both the C and HN are for RG-214,
etc, but if I remember correctly, the LC is a larger connector
for a larger size cable.

We use C connectors at work on our Ludlum pulse generators
and radiation monitor gear.

Regardless, both are relatively expensive connectors, and I won;t
ever be running enough power to use more than a PL-259 or N.

Trivia Note: the NOAA weather transmitters in the middle TN area
use HN connectors on their outputs and filters, etc. They run 1KW+
24/7. I believe they use plain old RG-214 for the jumpers, with 7/8"
run to the antenna.

73

Tom