[AMPS] Neighborhood RFI and Amps

PD Wintheiser w0opw@yahoo.com
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:47:02 -0800 (PST)

 Only 2 days ago I called the telephone company to complain about
noxious AM interference on my phone(the AM station is so far away I
don't even know where it is).  They suggested I put filters on the
phone, which I already have. I persisted and they said they would send
a repairman out the next day but if they did not find a problem I
would have to pay for the service.  She suggested I try other phones
in the house to see if it was one or all phones.  Interestingly,  it
was only the one phone.
  I immediately trashed the phone and replaced it.  Diode
rectification is not a pretty thing to get embarrased over !
  A suggestion: Loan out to the neighbor a phone you know is free of
Rfi and let them see the difference while you run a test.  I see no
reason to have to buy any neighbor a new phone just because of bad
diodes.