[AMPS] Re: Buying Guidelines for Used 8877/3CX1500A7's

DavidC davidc@bit-net.com
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:39:12 -0400

Dick:

   I understand that you once provided guidelines on the purchase of used
8877/3CX1500A7 tubes but have been unable to find that post.  I am told
that one needs to be concerned about a date code somewhere between 1986 and
1989 due to a failure in EIMAC's quality control.

   Could you repost that information, please?  I am in need of one of these
tubes and cannot afford to make a bad purchase (unfortunately, not all Hams
are honorable about refunds for defective items).
--
Thank You! & 73, DavidC  AA1FA