[AMPS] Thanks to all /TEFLON/ 6154 & 6155

Roger Rehr rrehr@epix.net
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:19:39 -0400

Thanks to all who responded re: where to get teflon.  A generous ham dropped
some by and we made the teflon insert for the 6155 432 MHz modification
today.  For those of you who asked me to report on the 6155 conversion, I
finished it this evening and get 500 watts out (BIRD Model 43, less than 3
months old, with 500 watt 400-1000MHz element) for 14 watts in (Diawa
CN-103L, 140-525 MHz element, 20 watts full scale).

I used the mods of Ron Whitsel on the Packrats Reflector for the RF
compartments, and those of WA0KBZ for the power and control mods.  The tube
is a used 8930.

73 from
Roger Rehr  W3SZ ex-AA3QK ex-WA3JYM
mailto:rrehr@epix.net        FN20ah