[AMPS] 6m KW-class Amp design?

Shawn Tayler Shawn Tayler" <stayler@powernet.net
Thu, 03 Sep 1998 09:41:15 -0700

On Thu, 3 Sep 98 07:19:14 -0800, Rich Measures wrote:

>Sounds like an invitation to oscillation.  To load the inevitable
>feedback path, why not load the grid-cathode with a terminating
>resistance?.
>-  later

This actually made the problem worse in the 4-1000A amp.  The low impedance from the grid to ground
lowered the isolation out to in to about 10dB worse case.  I was refereing to the Continetal 4CX15000A cavity
design used in broadcast.  The screen is grounded with a small adjustable inductance for neutralization.

de Shawn
 N7LQ (formerly WB7TDI)

The N7LQ station will be on from DN01fa for June VHF QSO '98
50-1296Mhz, less 222.... 432 EME capable.....Hope to hear you on!!!!