[AMPS] Re: RF choke resonates around 23.4 Mhz errr 22.4

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Tue, 8 Sep 98 09:32:11 -0500

>If you are prepared to live with your RF PI components at HT potential
>DC-wise, you don't need a high-Z choke at all.

That's not what I would worry about.  A DC blocking cap will take care of
that.  The purpose of the Hi-Z plat bias choke is to keep the RF off of
the power supply components.  That's more of a problem.  So please
explain how your idea prevents this from happening.

If you are talking about the choke for the filament supply, then you are
correct, you can float everything at RF and so forth (AG6K recommends
this for some tubes).  You can build smaller RF chokes for use at your
high voltage/low current AC filament supply.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden