[AMPS] Re: RF choke resonates around 23.4 Mhz errr 22.4

wb8jkr@juno.com wb8jkr@juno.com
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 16:37:31 EDT

 Or if your REALLY adventurous and the bandswitch
can tolerate the B+, put the plate block just before the
load cap and feed the DC in the low Z end of the
network, the choke would be less critical there.

Mark WB8JKR

On Tue, 8 Sep 98 13:52:02 -0500 Jon Ogden <jono@enteract.com> writes:

>>> Don't remove too many or it will resonante too close to 28 MHz.
>I'd try to
>>get the resonance somewhere around 25 MHz or so.
>>
>>In that case I´m in trouble with the 12 meters band. I´ll try just
>23.4
>>and see if there is any change in the 24.9Mhz tunning.If
>>I go higher... I´m sure the Choke´s Q will degrade and might affect
>12 and
>>10 meters.
>
>Yep, if you are trying to operate on 12m then you are in trouble.
>It's a tough predicament.  You can't go too high in resonant frequency
>or else your impedance lower in frequency will be too low.  And you
>gotta make sure you stay away from amateur bands.
>
>You could try going with a larger choke and resonante the beast around
>11 or 12 MHz.  Hopefully, your second resonance point would be outside
>of or not near ham bands.  Your impedance will also probably still be
>large enough that you don't have any low impedance issues on the
>higher bands.
>
>Or you could use 2 seperate chokes and switch them in and out
>depending on what bands you are using (big value choke for say, 80 and
>40 meteres and a small value choke for 30, 20, 17, 15, 12 and 10).
>
>Good luck.
>
>73,
>
>Jon
>KE9NA

>Jon Ogden
>
>jono@enteract.com
>www.qsl.net/ke9na

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]