[AMPS] kachina name

Skip S Isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 01:45:13 EDT

I have to do a double take every time I see the Kachina name on this new
radio. I have a Kachina myself, made in the late 70's by the Palomar
Corp. It has 1MHz frequency ranges of 26, 27,28,29,50,51,52,53MHz.
About the size of an Atlas 210x and 100 watts output.  SSB,CW,AM
Drifts worse than a Swan 350 with dirty band switching contacts in the
VFO section.

Still, it's a cute rig with a simulated woodgrain paint scheme on the
metal covers.
73's
skip

[snip]
Kachina will have two of their new computer
radios on display.  You can use the Kachina units
on the antennas at the W5KFT contest station at the
ranch.
	Full details on the BASH are located on the
EVENTS page of

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]