[AMPS] SB220

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Mon, 21 Sep 98 09:12:10 -0800

>On the same day the parasitc choke fried in my AL1200, my trusty and reliable
>SB220 went up in a blaze of smoke. I am inclined to yank everything out of
>the power supply except the transformer and rebuild it.
>
>Is there a source for heavy duty filter capacitors?

 Mouser 1 800 346 6873 or DigiKey 1 800 344 4539.

> Does someone make a kit of parts for refurbing SB220's?

Recifiers.:  Four 1N5408s (4000piv per leg) will replace the orig. 6 x
600v = 3600piv per leg setup.  The orig. filter caps can be replaced with
newer design, higher C units that fit in the same space.  The 30k ohm
equalizers need to be changed to 100k ohm 3w mof type.  //  I would not
go hogwild.  The hv supply design is basically sound.
-  later, Tom

Rich...