[AMPS] Resoldering 3-500Z Filament Pins ??

Dick Green Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 15:28:44 -0500

Mike

Thanks for being honest and telling us about your mishap with the tube.
Makes me feel better about the two solid state transceivers I've smoked --
one with a single clumsy slip of the hand during a repair and one because
the service manual had an error in the alignment procedure and I didn't
think it through before proceeding. It's amazing how much damage one little
goof can cause in a Kenwood. Semiconductors all over the radio blow before
the fuse does. And let's not talk about the time I touched one of the plate
caps on an SB-200 because I thought it was loose and forgot that HV was on.
The 600V burned my fingers and blew me off my chair. Lucky I lived. No
doubt, that's what interlocks are for. I've gotten a lot more careful as
I've gotten older (which may be why I've managed to get older...)

73, Dick, WC1M