[AMPS] B&W PT2500

David A. Pruett k8cc@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 21:28:31 -0400

Carl,

>1500W nominal on all bands with 100W drive.  10M may be a bit lower if
>the customer installed the input assy. In reality, the amp will usually
>do 1800W + on most bands.

>A real stable amp that was never marketed correctly.

Sound just like my amp.  We've used a few of the 3CX800 amps here, and
you just can't let them out of your sight.  The Viewstar has been trouble-
free here.

However, it HAS inflicted damage on some of my other gear.  Dunno if the
manual notes this, but the damn T/R relay is 120VDC!!!  I had forgotten
about this, and zorched the amp keying relay in a IC-756, as well as the
PTT input on a Timewave DSP-599.  I've fixed that now with $10 of
switching transistors, but PEOPLE SHOULD WATCH OUT!

Dunno if the B&W version had the same T/R relay.

73,

Dave/K8CC