[AMPS] Re: Electrical discharge through the heart (was Resoldering 3-500Z pins)

Gary Schwartz garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 22:06:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Jon Ogden wrote:

If one's heart has stopped, the person has gone into cardiac arrest.  I think
most people who go into cardiac arrest are unconscious.  Therefore they are
unable to turn off their HV supply and shock themselves.

So this whole thing is a ludicrous and non-sensical senario after all
regardless of what positive effect and HV discharge might have!

**********

Well said Jon.  I especially concur that Rich's scenario is nonsensical.

I have this mental picture of a ham with his hands clutching his chest
looking in vain for a screwdriver to take the cover off his amp.........very
bad picture.

73,
Gary K9GS
 /   FP/K9GS, TO5M   |Society of Midwest Contesters |____________________