SV: [AMPS] Full break-in...

Hans Christoffer Kise hans.kise@kongsberg.com" <hans.kise@Kongsberg.com
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:20:24 +0200

I have installed Rich's (AG6K) QSK/ECBS circuit and parasitic suppressors in SB-220, L4B and TL-922. What a great improvment!
Some measurements made on my own TL-922 may be of interest:
Jennings RJ-1A is making contact within 0.8 mS. Brake time is 3 mS.
Corresponding values for the input reed relay (Matsushita RSD-12V) is
1.1 mS and 1.0 mS.
A Teledyne 712-12 relay is used to switch standby & on-air lamps. It is mounted in series with the other relays.
An "elapsed time counter" has also been incorporated to logg operating hours.
Many thanks to Rich Measures. We have stayed i contact since 1990.

LA1TCA / Hans

At 02:29 PM 4/16/1999 , you wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:07:53 EDT G3CWI@aol.com writes:
>>
>>What sort of full break-in circuit is the best? Has anyone tried PIN
>>diode
>>switches at the multi KW level of are vacuum relays the only ways to
>>go?

I just build and installed Richard Measures circuit on my Kenwood TL-922.
It included a vacuum relay, reed relay and associated "speed up" circuitry.
 Along with other "922" mods...it is a new amplifier. Quiet, fast and
behaves much better than "pre-modification" configuration.

jerry@k9gd.com

end

Regards,
Jerry DiPietro