[AMPS] INFORMATION

dan hearn dhearn@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:03:30 -0700

--------------6ADA46BC079D19E78CABB86A

Sergio: the part you mention is a time delay relay. It turns on the high
voltage to your amp after 180 seconds. This delay is required for your
tube cathode to warm up before it can safely be used. Have you waited 3
minutes to see if the amp will come on ? 73, Dan, N5AR

Sergio Almeida (0968) wrote:

>  Hello all,some days ago i bought a LK 800A amplifier.I have a
> problem, when i turn it on, the green light in the front painel ( THE
> READY light), dosen't becames on, and the amplifier dosen't works.I
> think there is a problem in a termo relay, or termo start i'm not sure
> about the correct name. When i made a short in this part, the
> amplifiers works ok.I saw this part inside the amplifier, there is a
> number on it: 12N0180B and a name AMPERITE, but ididn't see in the
> manual the exatly part number.I need some help that where can i find
> this part?I'll be on Dayton hamvention, if possible let me know if i
> can buy it there, or where?Thank you very much,SERGIO PP5JR ALSO ZX5J

--------------6ADA46BC079D19E78CABB86A

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Sergio: the part you mention is a time delay relay. It turns on the high
voltage to your amp after 180 seconds. This delay is required for your
tube cathode to warm up before it can safely be used. Have you waited 3
minutes to see if the amp will come on ? 73, Dan, N5AR

<P>Sergio Almeida (0968) wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>Hello all,</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>some
days ago i bought a LK 800A amplifier.</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>I have a problem,
when i turn it on, the green light in the front painel ( THE READY light),
dosen't becames on, and the amplifier dosen't works.</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>I
think there is a problem in a termo relay, or termo start i'm not sure
about the correct name. When i made a short in this part, the amplifiers
works ok.</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>I saw this part inside the amplifier, there
is a number on it: 12N0180B and a name AMPERITE, but i</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>didn't
see in the manual the exatly part number.</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>I need some
help that where can i find this part?</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>I'll be on Dayton
hamvention, if possible let me know if i can buy it there, or where?</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>Thank
you very much,</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>SERGIO PP5JR ALSO ZX5J</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>

--------------6ADA46BC079D19E78CABB86A--