[AMPS] Heathkit SB-1000 coil and choke values?

Skip S Isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 03:19:10 EDT

Re: SB-1000 coil/choke values

Hello,

I came across a used SB-1000 real cheap with blown, missing, and
questionable parts. Would anyone be able to provide me with the
following, please?

Inductance value and tap locations of the 160/80 toroid tank coil?  I'd
really like to know what core material Heathkit used for this coil and
who sells it. (or an equivalent)
The original coil in this amplifier is damaged.

The "owner/operations manual" mentions a retrofit plate choke
("shouldered version") should be installed. Anyone have information about
the newer plate choke value?

Has anyone ever tried a 4-400 in the amplifier with the appropriate
considerations,  and your results?

thanks
skipp may   wv6f
nospam4me@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]