SV: [AMPS] Power Meter Readings Question

Hans Christoffer Kise hans.kise@kongsberg.com" <hans.kise@Kongsberg.com
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:25:10 +0200

Mismatch (reflections, vswr, etc.) will upset your measurment.
A power meter, thruline or absorption, will only measure up to it's specifications if it is in a "vswr free eviroment".

-1tca/ Hans

Hi all,

Got a question for you about power meter readings.

I have a Daiwa NS-660PA cross hair power meter.  I have taken everyone's
advice and eliminated my antenna tuner for the time being.  I am just

How accurate is the power reading on my meter?  The reason I ask is that
with a tuner in line by fiddling with the controls, you can change the
value of your forward power even though you've done nothing to increase
output from the amp.

Also, why would loading into my beam give me much better efficiency than
when loading into my G5RV or vertical?  I get much more power out when

Do these cross-hair meters read correctly when the SWR is not under 2:1?

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden