[AMPS] L-Pi net...downside?

Uwe Egen Uwe.Egen@t-online.de
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 09:33:43 +0200

Hi all
Mauri has pointing out exactly the target. I am 100% agree with him.
Most of the home brewer`s people say, we will take a Q of.... But in the
real world they dont know let me say the background capacities of the
whole circuit. This value mostly limits the practical realisation of
such Q.
Somebody takes the older but cheaper tubes. But they have disadvantages
like high ratio between plate voltage and plate current. In that case it
is very difficult to lowering the loaded Q. Dont forget, the lost power
follows the term circulating current squared * resistance (etc. Skin effect).
Vic,
the small coil between the plate and the tank circuit compensates a part
of the capacity and transforms the higher impedance to a lower and more
practicable one like you mentioned before.
I believe, some of us knows a ham with a desoldering coil problem or
a fan for cooling effect after key down 30 seconds on ten.
Home brew is some times a difficult thing.
Like Rich often said ... Cheers
Uwe, DL9NC