[AMPS] Pi-Net math

Radio WC6W wc6w@juno.com
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 10:31:20 EDT

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 04:39:07 -0700 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:

>€   RL = 2000 ohms.  R out equals 50-ohms.  Freq = 7.00MHz.  Q = 10
>Therefore, C1 = 2000 ohms/10 = 200 ohms.  From calculation, C1 = 114pF,
>C2 = 562pF, L = 5.06uH.   Since C1 is effectively in series with C2,
>C-net = 94.8pF.  The resonant freq. of 5.06uH in parallel with 94.8pF is

>7.266MHz.
>
>-  cheers, Tom

Hi Rich,
   You didn't detail the formulas you used for L & C2 but, from your C1
calculation, I note that you are using the classic "time-dishonored"
approximation which is close enough for amateur work (as long as the Q is
reasonably high) though, certainly not mathematically precise to support
the argument du jour.  :-)

73,
   Marv  WC6W

*