R: [AMPS] L-Pi net...downside?

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:53:18 +0100

Rich asks:

	>?  Do you believe that a Pi-network is resonant on the working
>frequency, Peter?

Yes - by my definition of resonance, which is that a particular frequency
designated the resonant frequency, in a network consisting of inductive,
capacitive and resistive elements, the applied voltage and current are in
phase.

The advantage of this definition of resonance is that it eliminates the
different answers that you get for parallel networks if you adopt other
definitions. e.g. the frrequency for maximum current in parallel circuit is
not the same as for maximum impedance, etc. That's why I asked about your
definition of resonance, Rich.

73

Peter G3RZP