[AMPS] Pi-Net math

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:12:46 +0100

Rich Measures wrote:
>>>€  There is more than one way to figure Q.
>>
>>Evidently - like to tell us your definition?
>>
>€  I don't have one.  Eimac defines Q as the ratio between RL and the
>reactance of C1.  None of the Eimac formulae can be used without choosing
>a value of Q - as defined by their definition
>.
I can't believe I'm reading this. If you truly believe that the
definition of a quantity like Q is something that can change according
to whose pi-network formulae you use, then - I'm sorry, but it has to be
said - you literally don't understand the first thing about circuit
analysis.

>>The definition I'm using is Q = XL/Rs, where Rs is the transformed
>>effect of all resistive components, when made to appear in a series loop
>>with L.
>>
>€  A definition which does not work with Eimac's formulae.

I still can't believe I'm reading this!

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek