[AMPS] Doorknob Capacitor Questions

dan hearn dhearn@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 08 Aug 1999 11:07:39 -0700

Bill: The current rating varies depending on capacitance value. Lowest is 0.84
amps for the 850s-25z.  1.7 amps for the -50z and -50N---2.5 amps for the
-75N----3.4 amps for the -100N-----1.1 amps for the 500 and 1.4 amps for the
1000pf.  The ratings are set by temp rise for the 100 thru 1000pf units. For
the smaller ones, the limiting factor is the voltage drop across the cap with
the max current flowing thru it. The ratings for 10mhz and 30mhz are higher, as
much as 3 to 5 times.
  I have used pieces of  bronze weatherstripping for making connecting straps.
It can be cut with scissors. For larger areas, I have used aluminum flashing
material. If you need even thicker conductive material I have found large brass
plates for door protection at all of the Home Depot and similar stores.   73,
Dan, N5AR