[AMPS] Pi-Net math

Rich Measures measures@vcnet.com
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:27:15 -0700

Dick

>Rich...

>........... Time to do your homework.

€  I did the homework, Dick.  I built the Pi-network test model.  I used
Ian's calculated values  for:  2000-ohms RL / Ro=50-ohms / 7.00MHz / Q=10
or so.
-  Ian's results:
  "The accurate formula - in ARRL Handbooks since 1995 - gives
C1=102.1pF,  L=5.57uH, C2=463.9pF. When analysed with the load present,
this checks out with Q=9.98. "

-  My results .  Without RL and Ro, the resonant freq. was 7.37MHz, which
checks out mathematically.  When I connected the 2000 ohm and 50 ohm
resistors, the resonant frequency did not appear to drop to 7.00MHz as
had been predicted.
Is there perhaps something that I am doing wrong, Dick?  .   Ian? .  Tom?
 .  Peter?   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-
-  Rich...
R. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures