SV: [AMPS] Tetrode Amp Help

sm5ki sm5ki@algonet.se
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 12:27:09 +0000

Hej!

Do you really need a stabilized screen grid supply? If the g2 voltage
follows relatively slowly the envelope of a SSB signal, you should get a
only a slow gain variation in the tube??? You have then to use a large
condenser across the g2 voltage. If I remember right ( and I may be wrong
)looking into the NAG gg two meter 4CX350 linear  the g2 voltage adjusted
itself to the average drive level and you could use anything from 3-10 watts
of drive with good linearity.I used the famous IC 202 as a very clean driver
- the linear supplied the 13.5 VDC.