[AMPS] 4x150 vs 4cx250

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:44:35 -0800

Hello Steve,

Yes, the 4x150 and 4cx250 operate in similar circuits.  With the obvious
differences in anode capacity, the 4cx250 has slightly higher values of
internal element capacitance Cin, Cgp & Cout.  In >VHF service direct
interchange is not as straight forward.

cheers
skipp

:From: Steve Bookout <nj4f@erols.com>
:Hello all,
:Just a quick answer will do.
:Does the 4cx250b have similar operating characteristics to the 4x150?  I
:know the difference between the glass and ceramic, but have a chance to
get
:a couple new, sealed tubes (250's) and the only thing I could possibly
use
:them in is some old Collins thing, a KWS-1, I think.
:Just a thought.
:73 de Steve, NR4M