[AMPS] Little amp -- wanted

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 19:27:49 -0800

I have recently built a neat little 10 watt transceiver (Elecraft K2), and want
something to boost its output to about 500w.  I am just finishing my 'big' -- by
my standards, anyhow -- 1500 watt amplifier.  I'm just too busy to start another
project, so I'm looking for a ready-made solution for my 'little' amp.

Any ideas for finding an amplifier that will give me 500w or so out with 10
watts drive?  80-10 meter coverage is a necessity, but 160 would be a plus.  It
needs to be relatively small, preferably with a built-in AC supply.  I am not
averse to modifying equipment (I'll need to add QSK, for example) but I just
can't face another scratch-building project at this time.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA