SV: SV: SV: [AMPS] Tetrode Amp Help

sm5ki sm5ki@algonet.se
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 20:01:53 +0000

I remember many old tube transceivers that did not have any stabilized g2
voltage in the final and it worked fine. My old TX44XB for example. It sure
sounds fine and was once good enough OK for Swedish State Dept using many of
them as TR44s. This was a R4B+T4XB in the same case.

One of the best sounding rigs ( ICOM IC 701 ) did not even have a stabilized
13.5 voltage but just a huge reservoir condenser. Yes, it had mains ripple
on cw and a very dirty synthezizer but it had a special sound very easy to
recognize.

Hej daa de Hans SM5KI