[AMPS] GS23b PSU Help

psmeaton@globalnet.co.uk psmeaton@globalnet.co.uk
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:53:49 +0000

OK, so this may be a 'daft' question, but please indulge my ignorance!

I'm building an amplifier for 70cms, using the GS23b tetrode tube. I've
built a regulated supply for the Screen (520v @75ma) and a supply for the
anode (3500v @1.5 amp), but I'm having trouble getting my head around the
grid supply.

As the amp will be used for SSB as well as CW, I think that a variable
supply will be required - rather the same as that for a 4CX250B. This is so
that the standing current can be altered etc. Of course, the actual
voltages involvd may be different, but the principle sounds the same to me.
I am presuming that the switching for the voltage will be similar also -
such as a negative voltage applied during Tx and a even more negative
voltage applied during Rx to shut the tube off.

If this message is making you think - 'Hey - that guy is gonna kill the
tube doing that' , then please let me know!!!!!!

Thanks for any help,

Phil
G0HSS