[AMPS] Re: G2DAF

measures measures@vcnet.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:11:22 -0700

>Gents.
>
>If the 813 in question is drawing grid current,perhaps it's actually
>running in class AB2.     In GG, it would be in AB2.   In G2DAF, I doubt
>it's AB1.

agreed

>-You might want to look at the bit on Ian White's Webpage re: screen
>regulation.   ' IMD-effect of screen supply stabilization'   GW4FRX
>designed the screen supply.
>
>-They managed to improve a pair of  4CX-250R's from -20 to  -30 for IMD,
>just by going from series zeners to new design.

The zener string must have been defective.  As Norm's amplifier
demonstrated, going from -30db to -22db would necessitate a totally
unregulated 0v-350v screen potential plus plenty of grid current.
Getting down to -20db is awesome. .  BTW, the all-time record for my
voice distortion measurements is -9db.

later, Jim