[AMPS] G2DAF circuit and pictures

Larry Molitor w7iuv@nis4u.com
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 15:39:02 +0000

At 01:55 PM 12/23/99 +0100, Lars Harlin wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>First version of G2DAF website is out there now. There is more to come,
but if you like to have a preview
>take a look at: www.pocab.se/amp/g2daf.htm
>
>Merry X-mas to all of you!
>
>Lars /SM3BDZ

Lars,

Nicely done amps.

I hesitate to get involved in the DAFfy discussion, but....

After many years of using spectrum analyzers to make similar measurements,
I'd have to say the single plot you provided would not convince me your
argument is correct. It's way too easy to produce a misleading plot by
inappropriate instrument setup. I know, I've done it many times myself.

Now, understand, I'm not saying you are wrong. What I am saying is that you
will have to show me more than that one plot before I am convinced either way.

Just for the record, I believe there is no reason why , given proper
selection of tube and operating conditions, the DAF circuit couldn't
deliver stated performance. However, given the nature of hams, I also
believe that for every correctly built DAF, there are at least a hundred
incorrectly built and operated by "cult members".

So, the only question I have is "Why Bother?". With the abundance of tubes
suitable for GG and TCGG configuration and the virtual guarantee of
performance, there seems to be no practical reason the mess with DAF types.
Unless, of course, it is indeed a "cult" thing.

73,

Larry - W7IUV
w7iuv@arrl.net
http://www.axtek.com/w7iuv